Q: About four months ago, my boyfriend and I got a car loan, I cosigned on it. recently we have been arguing a lot, so separation is coming  Is there any way that I could keep the car, and get his name off the car loan?

A: Unfortunately, unless your boyfriend agrees to allow you to take over payments and possession of the car, you have very limited rights. You will be obligated to cure any non-payment and if, at that time, you choose to exercise your rights to possess the car, you may. However, in the meantime, as long as he is making payments on car, your rights are diminished. - Tisha Black, Esq.

Be Sociable, Share!
Tagged with:

Leave a Reply